Firefox browser - Bookmarks etc

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Firefox browser - Bookmarks etc

Postby tenfoot on Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:17 pm

A simple questions but I seem unable to find the answer :cry:

Where does Firefox write its Bookmarks and other configuration data in LinuxMINT - both Daryna and Elyssa, please? I recently upgraded my T60 to Elyssa and even though I backed up the Home directory, I lost all Firefox config information. I don't want the same thing to happen when I upgrade my desktop.

Tenfoot
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Firefox browser - Bookmarks etc

Postby 67GTA on Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:54 pm

/home/your_username/.mozilla/firefox The .mozilla folder is hidden, so you have to tell nautilus to show hidden folders to see it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Postby tenfoot on Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:54 pm

67GTA wrote:/home/your_username/.mozilla/firefox The .mozilla folder is hidden, so you have to tell nautilus to show hidden folders to see it.

Thanks for the prompt response. All is now well!

tenfoot
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5

Postby donec on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:09 pm

You can create a personal profile that contains all your Firefox preferences and you can place this profile where ever you want it by using the Profile Manager (add -profilemanager to the end of your Command in your Application link) Example:
firefox %u -profilemanager

This will open the profile manager and then just name your profile and browse to the directory you want to keep it in (must create the directory)
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM16 KDE
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Postby tenfoot on Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:30 pm

donec wrote:You can create a personal profile that contains all your Firefox preferences and you can place this profile where ever you want it by using the Profile Manager (add -profilemanager to the end of your Command in your Application link) Example:
firefox %u -profilemanager

This will open the profile manager and then just name your profile and browse to the directory you want to keep it in (must create the directory)

Thank you. I'll do that when I've solved my other problems. Explained in other posts.

tenfoot
tenfoot
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Software & Applications