Liferea.....not starting in Elyssa?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Liferea.....not starting in Elyssa?

Postby 5x5 on Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:04 pm

I have been running Elyssa Beta 032 and using my beloved Liferea just fine. Today, I've done a clean install of the official Elyssa R1. Everything seems to be working ok so far but Liferea, no matter if I install it from Synaptic, Aptitude, a newer version from GetDeb, etc....will not start....period. On the first install, I was getting a notification in my window list 'Starting Liferea' and then it would just disappear. Now, there is nothing, no indication that anything at all is happening. System monitor shows no Liferea processes running at all.
Can anyone help me? Without Liferea, I'm basically dead in the water. I hope someone can suggest a solution.

Many thanks!
Carrie
5x5
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Liferea.....not starting in Elyssa?

Postby 67GTA on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:29 pm

Run it in a terminal to see if it has any error messages to help. Just run
Code: Select all
liferea
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Liferea.....not starting in Elyssa?

Postby 5x5 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:42 am

67GTA wrote:Run it in a terminal to see if it has any error messages to help. Just run
Code: Select all
liferea

I should've done that from the start! The error message told me that the cache database was from a newer version (result of all those different installs trying to figure out the problem) so I uninstalled again and deleted my ~/.liferea folder. A new install works great! I have no idea why the original install was stalling out on startup but I have a feeling it may have had missing dependencies that I added during the process of trying to figure out what was wrong, gettext, most notably.
Anyway, thanks for your help. It's working great now and my Elyssa is perfect!
:-)
~carrie~
5x5
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications