How do i setup a internet radio station

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gamerjr92

How do i setup a internet radio station

Post by gamerjr92 »

Ok i am a bit of a noob at linux as it speaks i just started using it 2 weeks ago. Though I run a online clan and I have been making several additions to the site. I wanted to setup an internet radio but everything i find is rather useless. I have icecast but I cant get it to install or anything. and how do i make it so it runs 24/7 off the dedicated server
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Re: How do i setup a internet radio station

Post by rivenought »

I am not familiar with icecast, but is it similar to shoutcast? I think I remember reading a thread about this exact same issue in the Ubuntu forum, though it might have been in the openSUSE or Mandriva ones. It has been a few months, but certainly after the Yule holidays. I remember thinking it was interesting at the time, but I do not remember the outcome.

I just wanted to let you know that I had seen it discussed previously. If you could locate some of those threads, you would probably get all of your questions answered. Good luck, and please do post back to share what you uncover in your research.
gamerjr

Re: How do i setup a internet radio station

Post by gamerjr »

I am a total noob at Linux i cant even get icecast installed properly. or Shoutcast... I looked everywhere and i can find squat.

Return to “Software & Applications”