Make Firefox compatible with Elyssa color schemes?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Make Firefox compatible with Elyssa color schemes?

Postby hoppel on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:06 pm

I really like some of the new Elyssa color schemes. Right now I'm using a modified "Wildmint" and I'm quite satisfied. But there's still one annoying thing: some used dark colors are used by various software in a way that makes it hard to use. One positive example would be OpenOffice, which is influenced but offers the opportunity to modify the colors inside the program. Otherwise You'd have a dark grey page to write on.
The negative example seems to be Firefox, where some switches are shown in dark grey with light grey fonts on it. It's very difficult to read because of the low contrast. Therefore I'm searching for a solution which enhances that contrast. I think it's difficult to find a solution for that very skin, but maybe there's a possibility inside Firefox as it is inside OpenOffice?
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Make Firefox compatible with Elyssa color schemes?

Postby 118118eddie on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:09 pm

hoppel wrote:I really like some of the new Elyssa color schemes. Right now I'm using a modified "Wildmint" and I'm quite satisfied. But there's still one annoying thing: some used dark colors are used by various software in a way that makes it hard to use. One positive example would be OpenOffice, which is influenced but offers the opportunity to modify the colors inside the program. Otherwise You'd have a dark grey page to write on.
The negative example seems to be Firefox, where some switches are shown in dark grey with light grey fonts on it. It's very difficult to read because of the low contrast. Therefore I'm searching for a solution which enhances that contrast. I think it's difficult to find a solution for that very skin, but maybe there's a possibility inside Firefox as it is inside OpenOffice?

in firefox, click on edit at the top and select preferences. click on the content tab, and under fonts & colours, click colours. you should be able to change the setings to your pleasure.

hope this helps.
118118eddie
Level 1
Level 1

Postby hoppel on Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:42 pm

in firefox, click on edit at the top and select preferences. click on the content tab, and under fonts & colours, click colours. you should be able to change the setings to your pleasure.]

That doesn't help, because you cannot define all colors used by Firefox there. You can define text and background colors as well as the colors of links. But I'd like to change the background color of drop down menus for instance... Look at the attachment.
Attachments
ebay.jpg
Example for (nearly) unreadable drop down menus.
ebay.jpg (226.13 KiB) Viewed 472 times
Last edited by hoppel on Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Postby gpd330 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:09 pm

I have the same problem makes it very hard to read drop downs etc...... Don't know the answer but hope some on posts one. Let me know if you have solved this.

Thanks,
Dave
gpd330

Postby anonymouse on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Without this fix the dark themes are just less than useless. any ideas??
anonymouse

Postby hoppel on Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:44 pm

Maybe there's a way to configure Firefox to use own colors instead of the system colors? I noticed that in Opera everything looks fine...
hoppel
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Software & Applications