chinese IM does not work in english locale

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

chinese IM does not work in english locale

Postby soahcn on Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:55 am

I have modified /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.10.0/immodule-files.d/libgtk2.0-0.immodules as I did in ubuntu 8.04, but the SCIM does not work in English locale. It works well in Chinese locale. How to fix it?
soahcn

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: chinese IM does not work in english locale

Postby tri on Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:39 am

I have no solution but wonder why you wanted to integrate this IM to English local if it has already confirmed to perform very well on Chinese version? Let try to delete unnecessary local and just keep those two English and Chinese then.
tri
Level 2
Level 2

Postby xiongjunlin on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:54 am

I have successfully installed SCIM. What I did is as follows:
1. Install Chinese language.
2. Make sure that im-bridge-client-gtk, language-selector and scim-bridge are installed. (It seems that only scim-bridge is not installed by default)
3. Check the box at "Enable support to enter complex characters" and apply; then uncheck it and apply; then check it and apply.
4. Log out, and login.
See also: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SCIM
xiongjunlin
Level 1
Level 1

Postby evey on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:55 pm

To xoingjunlin,

Thanks!

Much appreciated.

These minor problems are just that, minor. Mint is the greatest Linux distro ever created. Elyssa is especially nice. It actually runs faster than Daryna. Allows me to get extra mileage from my old single core CPU and IDE motherboard.

To tri,

Some of us prefer the English interface for daily use, but need to input Chinese once in a blue moon. That's why we want the English localization but with SCIM activated.
evey
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications