vnc

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

vnc

Postby cletis on Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:55 am

Ive installed tight vnc.and vnc-common,thet dont show up in any of the applications so i can run it.I do a file search and the files are installed.I did the installs just like i did on ubuntu and vnc shows up in the internet menu.I really like mint,but cant run it with out vnc client.Thanks :?:
cletis

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: vnc

Postby Guest on Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:59 pm

cletis wrote:Ive installed tight vnc.and vnc-common,thet dont show up in any of the applications so i can run it.I do a file search and the files are installed.I did the installs just like i did on ubuntu and vnc shows up in the internet menu.I really like mint,but cant run it with out vnc client.Thanks :?:

I did some research,ubuntu comes out with remote desktop viewer.Does anyone no how i can install remote desktop viewer on Linux Mint.

Postby JMiller on Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:16 am

With VNC installed, open a terminal and type in- vncviewer and the ip your wanting to connect to. The syntax would look like this...

$ vncviewer ipnumber

IMPORTANT: remember the spaces between $ the command 'vncviewer' and between 'vncviewer' and the ip

You should then be prompted for your PW.

I hope this clears it up for you.
JMiller

Postby jhouse59 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Is there a way to use VNC to copy files from computer to computer? I've done it in Windows. Just wondering if it can be done in Linux?
Thanks.
jhouse59
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Software & Applications