Mintupdate problem.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chuckie

Mintupdate problem.

Post by Chuckie »

Hi everybody.

when i run mintupdate and the pop up opens it is empty but yet hovering over the icon tells me there is an xxx amount of updates, but the icon goes to a split or broken icon and it tells me could not connect to the internet, while everything is working net wise such as browser and updating from the terminal or synaptic.

I have installed and uninstalled mintupdate a few times also from the terminal.

Can someone please help me with this problem
And may i add that Linux Mint is the best distro that i have ever used, i am relatively new to Linux but i did try quite a lot of distro's, and i am very happy to say that Linux mint is the best that i found.

Thank you for that and also for any help that you may give me.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
danbuter

Re: Mintupdate problem.

Post by danbuter »

When you open MintUpdate, you have to click on the Refresh button.
Chuckie

Post by Chuckie »

danbuter wrote:When you open MintUpdate, you have to click on the Refresh button.
Thanks for the response, yep i did many times, it just keeps telling me that it could not connect to the net.
Chuckie

Post by Chuckie »

tri wrote:In the terminal you type sudo apt-get update, then you open the package manager, select the tab called Status and see if they have any Upgradable package. If not, it is unnecessary to worry about. :)
So if i update from the terminal is exactly the same then is that right?.

Thanks
Chuckie

Post by Chuckie »

tri wrote:Yes, that's right. But if you cannot update from terminal either, that should be claimed to repository system. :lol:

Oh OK, thanks for the info.

Cheers.

Return to “Software & Applications”