System freezes on Firefox or Thunderbird start

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

System freezes on Firefox or Thunderbird start

Postby SamQasbah on Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:17 am

Hallo.

My system freezes every time I start firefox o thunderbird, and I have to hard reboot the system. It's a very annoying problem 'cause it happens many times every day.

My system infos are in the following jpg:

Last edited by SamQasbah on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamQasbah
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: System freezes on Firefox or Thunderbird start

Postby jarwin on Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:11 am

My system freezes every time I start firefox o thunderbird, and I have to hard reboot the system. It's a very annoying problem 'cause it happens many times every day.

Hello
I have now the same problem on my other computer. System freezes soon after I start Firefox and load a few pages. I noticed your post and tried opera and I had no problems with system. So thanks for you for the info.
I have ASROCK N68C-GS FX motherboard which has its own problems at booting up so I thought that this freeze was related to it http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-2020571.html. I was trying to fix it ( with no luck again ) on tuesday and sometimes after that I noticed this system freezing even though I had reverted to original settings.
I'm running 64-bit Mint-15 with cinnamon. I have 3.9.something kernel as I tried previously to upgrade kernel to cure the boot problem. ( Only cure for the asrock boot problem is not to shutdown but suspend the system. Now with this new problem I had to boot x-many times and add those few words to command prompt before continuing boot, annoying. )
So maybe this is related to nvidia and its drivers
jarwin
Level 1
Level 1

Re: System freezes on Firefox or Thunderbird start

Postby SamQasbah on Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:26 pm

Just to ask if there's something new to say.
SamQasbah
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications