Blender + ATI: window disappearing/reappearing solved

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Blender + ATI: window disappearing/reappearing solved

Postby Bren on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:36 pm

Well, I finally -- being new to Linux/Unix -- have the ATI drivers properly installed. The slower graphical performance in Firefox is acceptable, so that's okay for the time being.

Blender 2.46 is now a lot faster... GREAT! But there's a problem: when the mouse cursor is in certain spots, the Blender window pops in and out of existence. For instance, if the cursor is down below the window is gone. When I then move it up a bit, it returns. When the cursor is in a too high position, window disappears, etc.

Any thoughts and solutions?
Bren
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Blender + ATI: window disappearing/reappearing

Postby Husse on Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 am

Blender is a really specialized software and I doubt there are many her that can give you an answer. (Who knows - when I answer it's not unusual for more answers to suddenly appear :))
Blender has a community
http://www.blender.org/community/user-community/
maybe you find an answer there
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Blender + ATI: window disappearing/reappearing

Postby Bren on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:57 pm

Yes, perhaps I should('ve) check(ed) there.

I've solved it though: I just deactivated desktop effects. (Though I noticed another problem arise if it wasn't already there.)

Blender is very fast, by the way, under Mint. Damn: I don't know if it's Linux-specific or Mint-specific, but you guys seem to have the best Linux I could ever imagine :D Under Windows XP the same model bogged the program down... now it's just BLAZING FAST! Great stuff.
Bren
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications