Trouble with Emesene ant Elyssa! [ SOLVED ]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Trouble with Emesene ant Elyssa! [ SOLVED ]

Postby ZerQ on Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:56 am

hi there

I recently stumbled upon Linux Mint and I liked what I saw so I first installed it on my laptop and it worked fine just as Ubuntu has before. While I was using Elyssa I felt I had to install it my office computer too. But now I have trouble using Emesene, I've installed it thru the Mint installern and I was logged in correctly but here's the problem.

I can't se anyone in my list nor can anyone on my list see if I'm connected or not. But if anyone decides to send me a mezz, I get it and can write back. Further more Emesene doesn't save my nickname, only the private message is been saved.

Plz help me, and stuck using Emesene becouse it is simple and neat, I'd like to continue using it, Ooh by the way, when I had Ubuntu on my office puter I used Emesene without any troubles so it came with Elyssa. :(
Last edited by ZerQ on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZerQ
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Trouble with Emesene ant Elyssa!

Postby rfpa on Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:39 am

The same happened when I tried to install Emesene. I didn't come to up a conclusion...
rfpa
Level 2
Level 2

Postby ZerQ on Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:55 am

Ok nice to hear that more then me are having problems with that. I thinkt this is an bug in Mint because Emesene works flawless on my other computers with Ubuntu and Kubuntu. Is there a way to send bug reports to The Mint team?
ZerQ
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ZerQ on Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:12 am

Hi The problem with Emesene is solved, the MSN servers are rejecting older versions of MSN wich included Emesene V1.0. They are working on a updated version of Emesene so it will work again. I read this at their homepage http://www.emesene.org.
ZerQ
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications