Rythmbox looses sound

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tha_lode

Rythmbox looses sound

Post by tha_lode »

Some times when I play MP3 files in Rythmbox the sound will stop, wait like 10 seconds and then come back. There is no error message, Rythmbox will play the file like nothing has happened (ie 10 seconds later in the song as opposed to pausing) and everything seems well. The audio is on a WinXP sp3 server, wireless connected to a D-link 655, and the player is connected with ethernet to the router.

The dropout is so rare that it usually only happens once a day if it is playing continually. This makes it very hard to try to track down where the problem is. Does Rythmbox have something like a log that might shed some light into this? Or can it be that my problem arises between Rythmbox and the playback device. The preferences of the playback says Sis Sl7012 Alsa.

The server connection seems reliable. I use it to stream video to another computer and this works like a dream.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Rythmbox looses sound

Post by Husse »

I would not worry - but that's me, look at my signature..
Haven't found any logs for Rhythmbox....

Return to “Software & Applications”