Additional Quicktime Files?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Additional Quicktime Files?

Postby georgetoon on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:07 am

I went to the Apple site to play a few movie trailers at http://www.apple.com/trailers/

When I went to play a trailer from the following movie, http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/flashofgenius/
I'm told I need to download the latest Quicktime. I have the GStreamer codecs installed for playing Quicktime files. Is there some other file or codec I still need?

Thanks to all on the forum! You guys are really helpful and supportive. :D It's greatly appreciated. :)
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Additional Quicktime Files?

Postby 67GTA on Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:26 pm

Install
Code: Select all
mozilla-mplayer
and try it again. It is a mozilla embedded player with support for just about everything.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Postby georgetoon on Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:44 pm

67GTA wrote:Install
Code: Select all
mozilla-mplayer
and try it again. It is a mozilla embedded player with support for just about everything.

Thanks.:) Yep, I checked and I already have it installed. I did some further invetigating. Actually, hit and miss guessing. :wink: It appears that the regular Quicktime files ask me to get the newest version of Quicktime, but the Hi-def trailers will play with the mozilla-mplayer...well, some play and buffer pretty well, but are off-centered a bit. Others play and just stall out due to streaming.

So, maybe it's a file association problem?
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Postby 67GTA on Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:10 pm

I have problems with mplayer plugin stalling during buffering. I usually just hit the play button, and it starts playing. I'm not sure what causes it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Postby georgetoon on Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:15 pm

67GTA wrote:I have problems with mplayer plugin stalling during buffering. I usually just hit the play button, and it starts playing. I'm not sure what causes it.

thanks. I'll give that a try.
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Software & Applications