Additional Quicktime Files?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Additional Quicktime Files?

Post by georgetoon »

I went to the Apple site to play a few movie trailers at http://www.apple.com/trailers/

When I went to play a trailer from the following movie, http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/flashofgenius/
I'm told I need to download the latest Quicktime. I have the GStreamer codecs installed for playing Quicktime files. Is there some other file or codec I still need?

Thanks to all on the forum! You guys are really helpful and supportive. :D It's greatly appreciated. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Additional Quicktime Files?

Post by 67GTA »

Install

Code: Select all

mozilla-mplayer
and try it again. It is a mozilla embedded player with support for just about everything.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by georgetoon »

67GTA wrote:Install

Code: Select all

mozilla-mplayer
and try it again. It is a mozilla embedded player with support for just about everything.
Thanks.:) Yep, I checked and I already have it installed. I did some further invetigating. Actually, hit and miss guessing. :wink: It appears that the regular Quicktime files ask me to get the newest version of Quicktime, but the Hi-def trailers will play with the mozilla-mplayer...well, some play and buffer pretty well, but are off-centered a bit. Others play and just stall out due to streaming.

So, maybe it's a file association problem?
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 67GTA »

I have problems with mplayer plugin stalling during buffering. I usually just hit the play button, and it starts playing. I'm not sure what causes it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
georgetoon
Level 3
Level 3

Post by georgetoon »

67GTA wrote:I have problems with mplayer plugin stalling during buffering. I usually just hit the play button, and it starts playing. I'm not sure what causes it.
thanks. I'll give that a try.

Return to “Software & Applications”