Sound Editor.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Sound Editor.

Postby Hjess on Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi.

I'm looking for a small program witch are able to cut all instruments out, and keep the lyrics - is that possible? - and even in linux?

/~HJess
"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"No notice is taken of a little evil, but when it increases it strikes the eye." - Aristotle
Hjess
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Sound Editor.

Postby Husse on Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:53 pm

This is even theoretically impossible unless you have access to the original recording with one track per instrument (or at least one vocal track and one instrumental) and I think digital sound does not change this
That said there are examples where this has been done with varying success. If you want to have anything near hifi I don't think it can be done - there will always be residues from the instruments...
This is way more complex than noice reduction and removal of clicks and other unwanted sounds
Audacity is actually one of the more competent programmes
I've discussed this (long ago) with a highly qualified sound technician but I'm beginning to forget most of it
This win programme claims it has vocal removal - the opposite of what you want
http://www.wavosaur.com/features.php
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby Hjess on Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:49 am

Thanks husse.

I will take a look into Audacity - the reqirement is nothing real, just a cool text in a song I wanted as a ring tone when my mobile calls ;)
"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent." - Friedrich Nietzsche
"No notice is taken of a little evil, but when it increases it strikes the eye." - Aristotle
Hjess
Level 2
Level 2

Postby Husse on Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:48 pm

Well I think that would be possible - the demands for fidelity is not all that high :)
It goes down to removing parts of the spectrum and more....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Software & Applications