Firefox 3

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Firefox 3

Postby Picker on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:04 pm

I have a small website provided free by my isp. I need to go in & delete pages that have been on for awhile. I cannot get delete to hilite in Firefox 3. I have to go back to a ms windows machine & use IE to do this. Is there a fix in Firefox for this? I am using Linux mint 5 Elyssa on this machine.
Picker

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Firefox 3

Postby CavalierBob on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:33 pm

The only thing I can think of is to try the User Agent Switcher extension for Firefox:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/59

You can switch the user agent to tell a website you are using IE and perhaps then the function will work at your ISP's site.

No guarantees, as your ISP may be using some non-standards based IE functionality (ActiveX, etc.) for the page functions. I know quite a few of my employers employee-only sites are tough to navigate or pop warnings about me using the wrong browser when I use Firefox on them.

Not a problem with Firefox, the problem is the ISP's use of non-standards compliant technoligies.

Bob
All progress requires change, but not all change is progress.
--Henry Steele Commager

...there are some...who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those...who use their careers to promote change.
--Sarah Palin
CavalierBob
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Firefox 3

Postby Picker on Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:26 am

Thanks for the info on the user agent switcher. I just wished it could have worked. Delete is still not hilited when I switch it to IE 7 vista. It does however hilite copy which it didn't before. I will contact my isp to see if they can help me out.

Picker
Picker

Return to Software & Applications