Having trouble when exiting games on Steam

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Having trouble when exiting games on Steam

Postby brencameron on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:54 pm

I didn't see that anyone else posted about this...

I'm running Steam via Crossover 13.0.1, on Mint 16 (64 bit). Most of my games seem to run just fine. However, every time I exit games (run full screen) the mouse is trapped in a roughly 1024x768 rectangle in the upper left section of my screen. My laptop is 1600 x 900, and the entire resolution is correct, but you can see a section of the wallpaper in that area, while the remainder of the screen shows the Steam window. I've tried a few things but the only solution that works so far is to log out of Mint completely. I'm running Cinnamon, but it also happens with MATE. I can bring up the main mintMenu with the "windows/Tux" key, but the cursor doesn't leave that section no matter what, and I can't select anything on the menu. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to log out.
Torchlight is the only game I have which doesn't seem to have this problem at all.

Does this happen to anyone else? I've tried using PlayonLinux, but Steam crashes so I'm missing something when I run it that way. I don't know whether I need to configure something in Crossover, or something about my desktop. If I can figure out how to avoid this, I'll be ready to ditch Windows completely.
website - http://duskfire.wordpress.com
Twitter: duskfire_linux
brencameron
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications