Flaw in Adobe flash 10 Mint Repository

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Flaw in Adobe flash 10 Mint Repository

Postby MagicMoonLight on Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:12 am

I need to report this I found that Adobe Flash 10 that is in the Mint Repository is no longer http downloading correctly threw adobe.com (maby adobe pulled it flash 10 from its mirror or its just down).

I fixed the proplem by doing a search in synoptics for flash and choosing to force the version to 9 which is located in the hardy repository now flash works fine. but mint updater screams to update to version 10 even if the version 9 is locked in synoptics.

Please someone over in Mint Tech Check the Flash 10 Package to see if it is working Properly and if it is not or adobe has removed it please pull it from the repository so mint updater will stop bugging.

Thx and I give the new Mint 5 and 10 its wonderful. :mrgreen:
MagicMoonLight
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Flaw in Adobe flash 10 Mint Repository

Postby Husse on Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:31 pm

No problems....
For short periods the repositories can be down like everything else on the net....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby MagicMoonLight on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:31 am

Its Been 2 week and I still cant install the flash 10 that is in the mint repository.

It downloads and installs fine but then after that flash goes to macromedia.com/somewthing/something/something to download the plug in but that link is dead and the flash 10 plug in that is offered in mint does not work.

I understand that maybe you think its working because you still have version 8 installed from the first time you installed mint from the install cd but when do the updates 10 is installed and says it works but really its 9 working and it also has a full screen bug in it when you have the 10 installer installed with it.

ok put it simply test my theory and do this and then u will know that 10 beta is not downloading from its installer.
Step 1. Uninstall Flash 9 with ap(or synaptic)t and delete the folders .adobe and .macromedia that is in your home directory.
Step 2 Is use apt (or synaptic) and install flash 10 and watch what happens click on the arrow so you can see the thing installing in term after the download if you understand what I am talking about or use apt watch it in term then you shall know.

Please try this I know what im talking about the source list for the flash down loaf is not working correctly. please try it and see what I mean. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MagicMoonLight
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:55 am

Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Software & Applications