install backup app

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kaykav

install backup app

Post by kaykav »

I'm running Linxmint 16
what app can I use to backup files? I f I download from Software Mgr,how do I initiate it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: install backup app

Post by DrHu »

The backup application you choose should show up in your menu system, as it will be a normal install
--if you instead install from source files or some other archive, it may not show up (appear in your menu syste)
  • If you can't find the chosen application, you can always run a search for the name , eith with a general search or catfish (often installed as a default in some of the Mint versions)
  • Or you can run your package manager application, or synaptic (also a package manager), and simply look ath the file dependencies and installed files for that application
    --you search for the name of the program within the package manager, either the complete name or a small part of the name (starting with the beginning)
    an example might be pcback, back or as a general search backup, which should get you a list of backup programs avilable to download and install..
Mint will have their own version (usually will be Ubuntu or other oss software
http://www.techdrivein.com/2010/12/top- ... e-for.html
--a quick list of available linux OS backup applications..
kaykav

Re: install backup app

Post by kaykav »

OK thank you
I installed deja-dup using PPA repository. All is well..

Return to “Software & Applications”