Pidgin messages not sent:

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: Pidgin messages not sent:

Post by Husse »

Could you describe it a bit more detailed
I'm always thinking of internet problems in cases like this
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

On rare occasions, I can get that type message. From what I can gather, there are numerous different connections that must be made between "here" and "there" for my IM to go to the other end. If any of those connections goes down, I can get that type error.

I have one friend who is listed on AIM, Yahoo, and Jabber/XMPP. His different screen names might sign on and off at odd times, so that is how we figure there are so many contributing factors for connections. Whether this has any relation to your current problem or not, it is something to ponder.

On a side note, in all of our testing, Jabber/XMPP has been the most reliable IM connection, with AIM coming in second.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I agree with rivenought
wb53tx

Post by wb53tx »

Let me know what you find with pigeon.

I'm also using a home network with 5 computers, and have installed and using with some success a program called qchat, which is not an Internet chat program, but an inter-LAN chat program for instant messaging between computers on the LAN.

Return to “Software & Applications”