having trouble watching yahoo videos with firefox

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Re: having trouble watching yahoo videos with firefox

Postby ortermagic on Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:32 am

Hi Mint folk, I thought I would mention that I get the same thing on my ubuntu trusty set up, I use the latest ff with adblock plus, tried disabling abp no joy. I think it's probably related to advertising, I suspect it's something yahoo techs are working on for the benefit of their ad clients. (I am quite happy to forgo the pain of their videos, in fact they are doing me a favour by blocking :wink: ) It feels a bit sinister to me.
ortermagic
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby SonicScorpion on Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 pm

This link http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=163405&p=840320&hilit=Amazon+Prime#p840320 on the forum might help you, I have no problems viewing any videos from Yahoo, HULU, PBS, Amazon Prime, YouTube and all ABC, CBS & NBC station videos. Give it a try hope it helps... :D
When I die I want to go out peacefully sleeping like my Grandfather did. Not screaming and crying like the three passengers in his car.
SonicScorpion
Level 1
Level 1

Postby gatorade on Wed May 07, 2014 10:14 pm

has anyone else found that the yahoo videos are now working again?

I didn't do anything , yet I can now watch them again for some reason.
gatorade
Level 4
Level 4

Postby kromaz on Wed May 07, 2014 10:41 pm

gatorade wrote:has anyone else found that the yahoo videos are now working again?

Yes watching Yahoo! videos working again. Sure took Yahoo! long enough to fix. Thanks for posting. :D
Debian 7.6 Wheezy (i386) Xfce 4.8
Linux Mint 13 Maya (i386) Xfce 4.10
kromaz
Level 2
Level 2

Postby gatorade on Fri May 16, 2014 7:08 pm

just an update,

I can now view yahoo videos again , as I mentioned, but the problem is that I now have those annoying ads coming on again before the video starts.

what should I do to block them again?

I still have adblock plus 2.6 , and adblock plus popup blocker 0.9.1 , obviously no longer effective in blocking the ads.
gatorade
Level 4
Level 4

Postby gtsfer on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 pm

Has anyone looked at this lately? I completely forgot about it until when I saw a new poster having problems. So I looked this thread up and to my surprise, it works fine now. Because we're running FF 31 now I guess? Or possibly it's because I'm booted into KDE right now, dunno yet, but it works fine. I'll have to try it again from LMDE as well just to be sure.
There's no Windows in my house. And it's a brighter and happier place now.
LMDE Mate, Cinnamon 17, KDE 17, Debian 7.6.0. Edit your first post and add SOLVED to the Subject if it's resolved.
gtsfer
Level 7
Level 7

Previous

Return to Software & Applications