Questions about applications and software
I am just wondering if there is an open source project at the min that will allow virtual cd-roms (Mount an *.ISO or *.Bin/cue
Have you tried virtualbox?
- Level 6
- Posts: 1210
- Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:38 pm
- Location: Suffolk UK
Fornhamfred wrote:Have you tried virtualbox?
VirtualBox is for running Virtual machines. I have had a look through this already and does not have the function to mount ISO's to a virtual drive.
- Level 1
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:58 am
actually, you can mount isos from the command line (built right into the system!)
1. Open Terminal
2. type: sudo mount mydiscimage.iso -o loop /media/cdrom0
3. enter password
4. use "sudo umount /media/cdrom0" when ready to unmount.
mydiscimage.iso is the name of the file you want to mount, no downloads of extra programs needed.
- Level 1
- Posts: 19
- Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:10 pm
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], r00t and 17 guests