Alternative repositories?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Alternative repositories?

Postby kaj on Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 pm

I have just installed Linux Mint on one of my computers.
It looks very well, but I ran into some troubles, when I tried to install the danish language-packs and perform a system update.
There were many packages to update, but it failed to download at least half of them including my language packages.
The failed downloads included both Mint and Ubuntu repositories.
I found out that the language packs were available from both the Mint repositories and the Ubuntu repositories, so I disabled thr Mint repositories and then I could download and install my danish language packages. It seems, that the Mint repositories blocked Ubuntu's, as I was now able to make the system update.
Now my Mint is just Ubuntu Hardy under another name. I didn't mean it to be like that, as I have already Ubuntu on two other computers. Is it possible to get an alternative website to use for Mint 5 repositories? packages.linuxmint.com/ doesn't work for me. Synaptic could read the package lists and I could reach the package site in my browser, so I don't think, that the repositories were down.

Kaj from Denmark
kaj
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Alternative repositories?

Postby clem on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi Kaj,

Our repositories don't contain any language pack. You can check here: http://packages.linuxmint.com/

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby kaj on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:50 pm

OK. But I wasn't able to perform a full update at all, until I disabled http://packages.linuxmint.com in the sources.list.
kaj
Level 1
Level 1

Postby clem on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:04 pm

Can you reproduce the problem again and paste the error message?

Clem
clem
Level 15
Level 15

Return to Software & Applications