Intrepid packages?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Intrepid packages?

Postby Helminthe on Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Hello,
Is there a repository for Ubuntu 8.10 packages personalized by Mint developers? I have upgraded using apt-get dist-upgrade (just curious) and would love to have all the desktop enhancements back. Of course, I expect an "experimental" repository and would gladly help with documented bug reports on how it works.
Helminthe

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Intrepid packages?

Postby 67GTA on Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:07 pm

Mint 6 hasn't been started yet. The Mint 6 repos aren't active either. You basically now just have a Ubuntu 8.10 alpha 5 OS. Mint 6 is supposed to have support for upgrading Mint from one release to the next. If you use apt to upgrade Mint, it isn't really Mint anymore. If Clem could maintain all the repos and not use the Ubuntu repos in the future, apt dist-upgrade would work.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Intrepid packages?

Postby Helminthe on Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:50 pm

67GTA wrote:Mint 6 hasn't been started yet. The Mint 6 repos aren't active either.

Thank you for the info - this was pretty much what I wanted to know. Again, I was expecting incompatibilities, but looks like I can still use the beautiful "mintartwork-bianca", splash screens, wifi drivers, multimedia codecs, a lot of other small details, the Mint menu that mimics KDE4 in Gnome being the most sorely missed.
Helminthe

Return to Software & Applications