need help with Lynx

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
blueberry

need help with Lynx

Post by blueberry »

I need to get this so that it will accept, store and then always use the cookies at startup. I will be running a script that uses a dump with Lynx. In order for it to work I have to be logged into the site, which requires cookies.

I changed the lynx.cfg to ACCEPT_ALL_COOKIES:TRUE and PERSISTENT_COOKIES:TRUE

But what I am reading is this does not matter unless Lynx was compiled with USE_PERSISTENT_COOKIES.
I used the software portal to install Lynx. What I need is detailed instruction on how to uninstall Lynx and then reinstall it by compiling it with USE_PERSISTENT_COOKIES or whatever needs to be done.

I have little idea how to do this and would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: need help with Lynx

Post by Husse »

Lynx was compiled with USE_PERSISTENT_COOKIES
???
You mean that you have to recompile to use persistent cookies?
blueberry

Post by blueberry »

OK, I got help and it looks like it had nothing to do with recompiling for that, but what seems to be the issue is that there
is no cookie save file. The way I have it set up is after that after Lynx closes all cookies suppose to be permanently saved
to .lynx_cookies

I'm not finding this file and all cookies are gone whenever I start Lynx. I am wondering if something to do with the way permissions are in Linux Mint are preventing the cookie save file from being written?
Husse

Post by Husse »

hmm
As long as .lynx_cookies is in home there should be no problem with permissions ....

Return to “Software & Applications”