Firefox Starts in offline mode

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sudofreak
Level 1
Level 1

Firefox Starts in offline mode

Post by sudofreak »

Does any body have any ideas why Firefox starts up in the offline mode every time I start it? I know it is probably a default option that needs to be set,
but it's not real intuitive where I change it on the preferences menu. I am running Elyssa on a Dell desktop with dial-up internet access (no broadband
available out here in the boonies). I connect to the ISP before starting Firefox, but it always stars tup in the offline mode.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TerminusEst1

Re: Firefox Starts in offline mode

Post by TerminusEst1 »

Same here. Any clues? I tried to find something related on about:config, but I couldn't guess nothing there.
sudofreak
Level 1
Level 1

Post by sudofreak »

Just tried the 'about:config' trick. It worked for me after I rebooted :D
"Open Firefox and type into address bar 'about:config'. Then search for the firefox config param named network.online.
double click on the filtered row and set it to true. Quit and restart firefox"
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

Follow this URL for an explanation as to why this is a problem in Firefox 3. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Toolkit.netwo ... er.disable I believe a lot of users have trouble finding the solution to this on the web, but turns out the solution is very simple. Type the following in your browser URL field:

Code: Select all

about:config
Then in the search field filter:

Code: Select all

toolkit.networkmanager.disable
Set the value to true. (double clicking it will do this) Then simply exit the browser to reset it, then restart....

Hope this helps someone....

tgc :)

Return to “Software & Applications”