Help customizing gEdit! (shortkeys, icon, etc.)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mig_akira

Help customizing gEdit! (shortkeys, icon, etc.)

Post by mig_akira »

Hey everyone!

I'm using gEdit with a few plugins, and I'm really astonished by it's power and simplicity. It's my default IDE now.

But I need help with a few things:
1 - Customizing shortkeys. I want to navigate through the tabs using CTRL + Right ou CTRL + left. Using PgUP our PgDown is annoying, because in my notebook they're not in a familiar place! Customizing gedit would also be useful for other things.

2 - Choose a default folder in File Browser. Since I'm placing all my web files in /var/www, I would like to make it the default folder, so I won't have to navigate through other folders to get there (as it is, my home folder is the default).

3 - Change the icon of gedit. It's not important in any way, but it kind of annoys me that it's icon is a boring notepad. I would like to use the Mac's CODA icon. I can change the shortcut icon and all, but i cant change the little icon in the top left of the application. How can I do that?

That's it!

Thanks for your help!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Help customizing gEdit! (shortkeys, icon, etc.)

Post by Husse »

I googled configure gedit and the top hit was
Customizing gedit as a Web Developer’s IDE
http://www.micahcarrick.com/09-29-2007/ ... ditor.html
Hope that's what you want
mig_akira

Re: Help customizing gEdit! (shortkeys, icon, etc.)

Post by mig_akira »

Hello Husse, thanks for answering!

But actually I used that same page to edit my gEdit, those 3 questions are a little things that I did'nt find there, even though it wouldn't really improve much stuff.
I found a sollution for the default folder in File Browser. There's an plugin that saves your session, so if I'm working in, say, /var/www, when I open it again, it will be already there.

Now I would like to set the shortkeys and change the icon, which I think can only be done through theme management, or something, but I don't seem to be able to change individual icons, only the full icons theme.

Thanks again!

Return to “Software & Applications”