Help! Main menu corrupt

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Help! Main menu corrupt

Postby island dan on Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:24 pm

I booted up today and was faced with a corrupt menu (see attachment). I've tried a Ctrl+Alt+Backspace to restart but this hasn't fixed the issue

Any help or clues how to fix this?!! Bit lost without a menu

Cheers

Dan
Attachments
Menu Corruption.jpg
Menu Corruption.jpg (129.64 KiB) Viewed 254 times
island dan
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Help! Main menu corrupt

Postby CavalierBob on Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:14 pm

You can add the standard Gnome menu to your panel until someone can help regarding mintMenu.

Just right click on the panel, select Add to Panel..., then scroll down until you find the entry 'Main Menu'. Select add to panel and you will now have a main menu again (hopefully).

At this point, you might try using the Package Manager, removing mintMenu, logout (or reboot if you prefer), then use the Package Manager again to reinstall mintMenu. I looked to see if there might be a .config file for mintMneu we could delete, but I could not find one in the .config folder or in the .linuxmint folder.

Be advised I could be wrong and my advice might cause Mint to eat kittens, etc. I do not think it will, but I give you fair warning....I have not tried this out myself, Might work, should not break anything, but you never know....

Bob
All progress requires change, but not all change is progress.
--Henry Steele Commager

...there are some...who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those...who use their careers to promote change.
--Sarah Palin
CavalierBob
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Help! Main menu corrupt

Postby island dan on Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Bob

Thanks for the tip I now have a menu at least. Tried the uninstall mintMenu and reinstall but it's still corrupt so will wait to see if there is any fixes for this.

Cheers

Dan
island dan
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications