firefox things that "movie player" is default app for mp3s

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

firefox things that "movie player" is default app for mp3s

Postby vandread on Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:24 pm

hey,

i have little problem...
im using the tool "downloadstatusbar" for firefox, ok if im downloading a mp3 for example, the tool shows a little bar for the download process...
if the download is finished and i make double click on the bar it opens the mp3 with movie player... but my default player is audacious and not movie player...
if i open the file normaly with nautilus it opens it in audacious... but why firefox things now that movie player is the default player?

in the preferences / applications in ff i have the option to say ff what he has to do with the mp3 and there is the option "open in movie player (default)" but my default option is "ask me" because i dont what that ff open the file automaticly...

but if i open it after the download is finished it opens it with movie player because he still thinks that is the default one :S

how can i fix this?

(sry 4 bad english)
Last edited by vandread on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vandread
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: firefox things that "movie player" is default app for mp3s

Postby Husse on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:04 pm

I normally do not comment on language but it is think not thing when we're discussing a process in the brain (or sometimes a computer)
In Edit > Preferences > Applications (which I think you've found) set it to Always ask or Save
If that does not work it is a question for the Firefox forums
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Software & Applications