Remastersys is broken

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rijnsma

Re: Remastersys is broken

Post by rijnsma »

fatman2021b wrote:Remastersys works on a fresh Mint 17 installation(1.7 GB DVD)
Not here. (MATE.)
Making the ISO goes fine.
Intalling the system is perfect. But the netconnection does not function... I've seen on the web, that more users suffer of it.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

eanfrid wrote:Remastersys is dead meat.
Well, for $50.00 you can eat 'cake'. :)
rijnsma

Post by rijnsma »

But it is the axe to the root if it is abandoned and there is not a simple replacement.
To be able to produce live-media was one of the pro's of Linux against other systems in my opinion.
miroshi

Post by miroshi »

Hi to all!
Let me share my experience and problems with remastersys, with hope for some advice from you guys :)
I use linux from almost an year, but like ordinary user, and for web dev. Remastersys works almost perfect but i use it like this:
create virtual machine on virtualbox and there install all software I need. Then create distro and use it like live cd or usb. In the begging I had some problems with remastersys and vbox guest additions until i wrote for the problem with vbox user. Now I change the user every time when create new virtual machine.
Everything work perfect for min 13, mint 13 x64 and mint 17, but in mint 17 x64 the things not happen. From may tries i found that on fresh mint 17 x64 without guest addition tools and vbox extras remastersys work, but when I upgrade the guest OS i have problem. Remastersys create iso, its starts but the there is problem with user name and password.
So if someone have some experience with this let me help.
Thanks in advice!

Return to “Software & Applications”