kvm: disabled by bios - how to remove?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
brose

kvm: disabled by bios - how to remove?

Post by brose »

Hi, I just got this message when I booted up my system. It reads " kvm: disabled by bios ". I don't know what it means but it pops up when my system turns on and when my system turns off. Is there any way that I can get this to stop? Please and thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: kvm: disabled by bios - how to remove?

Post by karlchen »

Consult your computer manual, the one that came with your machine. Find out how to enable KVM inside your BIOS. Then do so.
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
brose

Post by brose »

Thank you. I will check with an online manual for my system. But what can I do if I don't want to enable KVM?
niowluka

Post by niowluka »

KVM is a kernel virtualization which by default is enabled in Mint kernel. The message you get means it's not enabled in the BIOS, but if you don't actually use virtualization then you have nothing to worry about. I think it makes more sense to leave it disabled if you don't need it, than to enable it just to get rid of the message.
brose

Post by brose »

Alright. Thank you.

Return to “Software & Applications”