Silkroad online?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Silkroad online?

Postby MasterKopek on Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:51 pm

Hi, first let me thank you all for your time. So from everything that I read, Silkroad works well under linux using wine. Some people say it's easier to just use Playonlinux, but I keep getting an error. I've done a ton of google searching, but nothing really comes up, one other person seems to have had the same error i did, but it didn't really ever get solved. I've followed multiple tutorials on how to install and run it correctly, but nothing seems to work, so i'm hoping someone here might know. Thank you in advance, here's a screen.
ImageImage
MasterKopek

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Silkroad online?

Postby Death Dream on Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:18 am

Looks to me that you are using Wine HQ? Have you tried Wine-Doors yet?

~Death Dream~
Death Dream
Level 3
Level 3

Postby MasterKopek on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:31 pm

You're correct in that the screenshot is from Wine HQ. What's the purpose of Wine-Doors though? Isn't it just to install the application? And if so, it doesn't seem to be reported as I'm given a list of software to install, Silkroad not being one of them.
MasterKopek

Postby Death Dream on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:41 pm

MasterKopek wrote:You're correct in that the screenshot is from Wine HQ. What's the purpose of Wine-Doors though? Isn't it just to install the application? And if so, it doesn't seem to be reported as I'm given a list of software to install, Silkroad not being one of them.

I'm not sure if it does work for Silkroad as I think that game is crap, just figured if Wine HQ had it, wine-doors might as well since they do support some games. If it doesn't then have you tried Cedega? I don't think that is free though sadly enough.

6 Month Membership 25 USD
12 Month Membership 45 USD 10% Savings

Odd how a linux program isn't free, Irony ...

~Death Dream~
Death Dream
Level 3
Level 3

Postby MasterKopek on Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:45 pm

Eh, paying for a program to run a free online game seems kind of pointless. I guess when I want to play, I'll just boot into the windows partition and play. Thanks for your help. :D
MasterKopek

Return to Software & Applications