md5 check problems

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
duder1982

md5 check problems

Post by duder1982 »

Ok I downloaded Linux mint, along with the md5sum to check out the iso. But for some reason when I go to command, get an error. Both examples aren't real clear, if anybody has any ideas let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
duder1982

Re: md5 check problems

Post by duder1982 »

OK I think I know what one of the problems is that the mb5sum and linux mint aren't in the same location. I tried to move the Linux mint download to c:\ drive but it won't allow me as I am not an administrator. Anyway around this.
acerimusdux
Level 5
Level 5

Post by acerimusdux »

You are doing this in Windows, correct?

I haven't used Windows in a long time, but I'm sure you just need to add the location of the md5 program to the command path. Then you should be able to run it from the command line from the location of the iso file. I can't remember the command exactly, but I'm pretty sure windows also has a $PATH variable of some sort.
duder1982

Post by duder1982 »

I am trying this program winmd5, but I don't know the original md5 value to check it to.
duder1982

Post by duder1982 »

Never mind, found it. Its on the mint 17 page.

Return to “Software & Applications”