EiskaltDC++: What is it and how on earth do I get rid of it?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bakere01

EiskaltDC++: What is it and how on earth do I get rid of it?

Post by bakere01 »

I was trying to open a magnet link. Typically, when this is done, transmission is opened and that's that. No problems. Just a moment ago, while trying to use a magnet link, this completely rogue application popped up. I have never seen it before. I've searched high and low for methods of removal and have found nothing. Something to note, though, I did check out my menu and saw a bunch of applications, all the titles being variations on EiskaltDC++, under the internet tab. One was named "Browser" as well. I right-clicked and uninstalled all of them, but my magnet links still bring up EiskaltDC++ (eiskaltcpp-gt-mini). Anyone have any idea what this is and how I go about uninstalling it?

I'm running Linux Mint 17. I'll do my best to answer any questions you all might have.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Re: EiskaltDC++: What is it and how on earth do I get rid of

Post by Flemur »

The first hit of google [EiskaltDC++] says:

https://code.google.com/p/eiskaltdc/
"EiskaltDC++ is a cross-platform program that uses the Direct Connect and ADC protocols. It is compatible with other DC clients, such as the original DC from Neomodus, DC++ and derivatives. EiskaltDC++ also interoperates with all common DC hub software."
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?

Return to “Software & Applications”