very Strange Mount Problem!???

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

very Strange Mount Problem!???

Postby knuckles on Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:38 am

Ok what i have done is install Elyssa64 upgrade it to Intrepid, and update the MintTools to Felicia (so i have my own Pre-Felicia)

Her my Problem my new Base System (Hardy upgrade to Intrepid) can not mount CD's, DVD's, or USB-Drives BUT when i plug a USB-Cardreader on my PC (without an Card inside), i can too mount the others without Problems.

it isn't a Hardware Problem, because on Hardy/Elyssa it works, and in Windows to.

what is strange to, the same system i have tested befor on my VirtualBox an there, there wasn't any Problems like that. :( :(

i know it is bad too ask think about not offical systems, but perheps there is someone else having the same problem. an i thanks everyone for every tipp i can test o fix the problem.
Sorry for my BAD English!!
knuckles
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: very Strange Mount Problem!???

Postby Husse on Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Elyssa64 upgrade it to Intrepid

Please read this before upgrading
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18090
This is exactly what you are not supposed to do, and all sorts of things can happen
This is not supported
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: very Strange Mount Problem!???

Postby knuckles on Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:34 pm

I have no problem with it, that it is not supported, and i don't have fear to break my system, and if i break my system i know that it was my fault and has nothing to do with Ubuntu or Mint.

But i like to test such thinks, learning by doing, learning from falling, searching Problems and find solutions, learn from post's from other peoples....
So i do not ask for a perfect solution of my Problem, only perheps for tips what i can do/test/try to solve perhaps the problem.

EDIT:
I have now made with remastersys a live-system from my VBOX system and install it as main system, know everything works like a charm :D :D in my eyes the Problem were the bad-updated Config from Elyssa.
With my self-made Hybrid Intrepid/Felicia, that works very good, i see a very great Future for Mint :-)
And i'm very happy that the Flash-Problems that i had with Elyssa64 are now gone :P :P
Sorry for my BAD English!!
knuckles
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Software & Applications