Sound Ambience Generator Anyone?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Philip-III

Sound Ambience Generator Anyone?

Post by Philip-III »

I remember using an ambience generator some long time ago under a proprietary OS by some macro.. micro.. something whatever;-) ah WINDOWS. It goes by the name Aura - can be found at http://www.umopit.ru/AuraEng.htm. It's a nice free little program that creates some random wilderness ambience, even fits well while music is playing on top of it. Anyway used it for quite a while, and I've been thinking of trying it again under wine perhaps. So..

Does anyone know of some native linux alternative?

I did a quick search but couldn't find anything - there is some brainstorming at ubuntu (like dark clouds over people's heads and then thunder and lightning.. no idea what good it does..) about taking the idea even further and adding sort of AI / Behavioral modelling to the thing so it ensures "appropriate" ambience.. Don't see it happening, not at ubuntu anyway - people come up with all craziest of ideas and sell them to the wrong crowds..

For those who haven't try the aura, it's pretty fascinating ;-)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Philip-III

Re: Sound Ambience Generator Anyone?

Post by Philip-III »

Well.. cool thing is - it works with wine, not so cool thing is - the control panel doesn't show up, at least here..
celtic426

Re: Sound Ambience Generator Anyone?

Post by celtic426 »

Well I couldn't find any, but you could easily find some ones online that like stream it to you. Sorry...

Return to “Software & Applications”