Intipunku 0.4 pre 2

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Intipunku 0.4 pre 2

Postby mark.baas on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi!
I would like to promote my photo manager Intipunku. Intipunku has been an attempt to provide a good feature rich photo manager for linux. At the moment Intipunku offers many things.
* Quick and easy photo filters and correction (incl redeye)
* Manual controls for contrast, brightness, temperature and colors
* Panorama creation
* Tagger
* Export to html album, flickr, picasaweb, flash video
* Import from camera, directory and picasaweb
* Translated in many languages
and more...

Currently i have released 0.4-pre2. It contains some bugs, however I would like to see how people think about it.

I fully support ubuntu (incl mint). There is an installer that configures you apt repo and adds intipunku repo, it will ask you for which optional components you would like to install and then finally installs. You can also easily install the apt repo and then install it with the package manager, when you want to access a feature in intipunku it will ask you whether you want to install the necessary package.

Check out all this at: http://intipunku.berlios.de

I couldnt attach no screenshots, but you can find them on the site.
mark.baas
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Intipunku 0.4 pre 2

Postby exploder on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:10 pm

Looks interesting. I see numerous posts all over different sites asking for software like this. I will have to give this a try this weekend when I can really spend some time with it. I like the GUI in the screenshots, simple and organized. Thanks for posting this!
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Postby msuggs on Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:24 pm

I'd be interested to have a look this weekend as well. It looks fairly similar to F-Spot from the screenshots. What are the major differences/advantages over something like F-Spot?
msuggs
Level 5
Level 5

Postby mark.baas on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:45 am

I think intipunku is quite different than f-spot. The focus of intipunku is simple foto browsing and quick editing. In this matter you can improve your photos without a lot of effect. You can even make your own filter. I will explain later how.

The main difference between f-spot is that intipunku uses folder structure. When you edit a photo it saves the original in the Original folder. Intipunku does support IPTC tags, however I personally think it is not the main aim. I use to make custom selections of photos i like.

Thanx for trying out. Maybe tomorrow i release pre3, which should be like the final version, without the translations (they are still in progress).
mark.baas
Level 1
Level 1

Postby msuggs on Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:11 am

mark.baas wrote:Thanx for trying out. Maybe tomorrow i release pre3, which should be like the final version, without the translations (they are still in progress).

I'm looking forward to checking it out :)
msuggs
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Software & Applications