How to reduce eye strain via calibration?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
isaac12345

How to reduce eye strain via calibration?

Post by isaac12345 »

Hi all,

I have Linux Mint 17 64bit Mate installed on my desktop since a week. I have noticed that even after installing f.lux I face considerable eye strain, especially during the day.
Thinking it was a problem with colour calibration, I tried to look for the 'color' app but couldn't find it. What else can I use to calibrate the monitor so I can reduce eye strain especially for reading because I read quite a bit?

My monitor is an old Samsung SyncMaster 540N.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ryvius

Re: How to reduce eye strain via calibration?

Post by Ryvius »

If you have a GeForce or Radeon card you can perhaps install the driver and check there. I don't know if there's anything for Intel. You can also try to look in the settings for the monitor itself.

Post by 1.618 »

There's an app in the repositories called redshift

http://jonls.dk/redshift/

Redshift adjusts the color temperature of your screen according to your surroundings.Latest release published on 2015-01-04.

Also a few others suggested here

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Fe ... Eye-Strain
ganamant
Level 4
Level 4

Post by ganamant »

This does not answer your question, but for reduced eye strain, I'll follow these steps:
  1. Push the screen as far as my desk allows
  2. Push back my from chair time to time, then draw it closer again
  3. Use a BIG font
  4. Take frequent breaks: I'll walk away from my PC or close my eyes for a while or look through the window

Return to “Software & Applications”