Baffling Resolution problems.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Baffling Resolution problems.

Postby Bof on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:12 am

I have enjoyed Linux Mint for several moths. I ran Pclos for over a year, but found L M more to my liking. I have Felicia on my laptop and it runs very smoothly. However, I have recently encountered a problem with Elyssa on my Shuttle ! Everything ran perfectly until 10 days ago, when the screen resolution started reverting to 640 x 480. The unit has a VIA K8M800 Integrated UniChrome 2 Graphics card, built into the motherboard. The monitor adjusted itself back to normal settings, but now it keeps moving from one resolution to the other without any assistance from me ! :x :x :x

The keyboard has also started to miss-behave ! The @ is now " and vice-versa.

Any constructive advice would be appreciated.

T I A ....

Bof.
Bof
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Baffling Resolution problems.

Postby viking777 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:40 am

I can't help you with the resolution problem, but the @ and " issue just means you have a US keyboard map when you should have a UK one or vice versa.
Just go into Preferences/Keyboard/Layout tab and click the + button this will open a new window in which you can select the layout appropriate to where you are. Back in the layout tab just delete the one you don't want and it should be fixed.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).
viking777
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Baffling Resolution problems.

Postby Bof on Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:17 am

Viking.

Sincere thanks for your suggestion. Tried that already and no joy ! ! Have used Linux for close on a decade and this has me totally foxed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :

Seeing as Felicia is running acceptably on my laptop, I am considering updating the shuttle to L M 6.

Bof.
Bof
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications