Netflix on Chrome crashes under Cinnamon 2.6

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AUserInEssex

Netflix on Chrome crashes under Cinnamon 2.6

Post by AUserInEssex »

Dear all

Since installing the 2.6 version of Cinnamon, Chrome crashes Cinnamon when running Netflix (albeit intermittently). I know Cinnamon 2.6. is beta software at this stage, but I thought someone might be able to help, especially since it is possible that the problem will persist into the release version of the new Cinnamon.

It is possible that something other than the new Cinnamon - perhaps a new version of Chrome - has caused the problem, but I suspect Cinnamon is to blame (and I have reported this problem - on the page to which I linked above).

Finally: disabling graphics acceleration solves the problem (just as it stops the Chrome Store crashing Cinnamon - that problem, and perhaps the present problem, have to do with my Intel graphics hardware; but, still, previously I could have acceleration on and watch Netflix, and now I can't.)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”