This is more of an informative post. After a failed upgrade from Mint 5 to Mint 6 via the script I went with a fresh install of Mint 6. Right off the bat I setup rhythmbox to database my MP3 collection. Once this completed I decided to test the music playback capability. I noticed that several times during song playback the audio just stops playback for a second and then resumes, the playback clock stops for that second as well and then resumes when the music resumes. I know for a fact that this is not due to bad rips or an insufficient amount of memory or system power, as they have played without an issue prior to using Mint 6. Now I figured this may just be a shortcoming with Rhythmbox so I tried amarok and Totem and it yielded the same result. This may be a bug with Ubuntu's implementation of PulseAudio, but nonetheless this is unacceptable. Fedora 10 doesn't have this issue by the way but Xubuntu seems to, at least from livecd. Nothing in dmesg and an attempt to run rhythmbox from terminal yielded no errors.
System: Sempron 2.0 Ghz
1 GB DDR 400 Ram
300 GB ATA Western Digital HD with no issues according to a full smartctl report.