f-spot photo manager/editor

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

f-spot photo manager/editor

Postby sbec on Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 am

Hello all, I have been trying to use fspot photo program numerous times and can't seem to figure out how to get the photo editing to work. I can successfully import , view, organize but when I select a photo and press the edit button I do not get a nice menu down the left side with options of what I can do. I have visited the website and looked and what you can do , so it should be there. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled several times with no luck. I have looked over the menu items with no luck. I really want to use this program instead of gimp, I only use gimp when I have to.
thanks in advance for your help.

sbec
sbec
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: f-spot photo manager/editor

Postby badmotor on Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:52 pm

I had this problem and I found that the menu was 'hidden' on the left hand side - I just needed to find the border and drag the sidepane out with my mouse. Give it a try.
badmotor
Level 4
Level 4

Re: f-spot photo manager/editor-SOLVED

Postby sbec on Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:07 am

thank you, could not see the forest for the trees. even thought the f9 panel key was used and checked it was tucked over to the left. f-spot works very well for minor touch ups and does well for managing all you photos, for major work I use gimp.

thanks again
sbec
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications