kdenlive

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TGIF

kdenlive

Post by TGIF »

This looks like a good video editor, but how to install on Mint 6?

Is it Ubuntu or Debian packages?

And then what?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: kdenlive

Post by Husse »

Only use Debian packages if you really know what you are doing - and even then don't in the normal case :)
You find kdenlive in the repositories, but it is a KDE application and may drag along a lot of packages to install properly
Felicia KDE will have to wait for KDE 4.2....
TGIF

Post by TGIF »

Ok. So that means that I shouldn't bother, for now.
It's unfortunate because it seems like a great video editor.

Thank you for the heads up
mercier

Post by mercier »

i have kdenlive on gnome and it works great. no need for too many extra packages. check it out in synaptic and see all the dependencies it needs to install - and the decide.
TGIF

Post by TGIF »

Yes. I used synaptic and it downloaded and installed no problem.

Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Are you familiar with the app, or should I ask questions on http://kdenlive.org/forum/users-forums ?
mercier

Post by mercier »

i am somewhat familiar with the app - so i can help with stuff i know about. it is usually best to discuss an app in it's forum, for sure.

as for your raw1394 prob - it's a matter of permissions.
what you need to do is open the file home/dev/raw1394 as root and change it's permissions, so you (user) can read, write and execute. now, that file appears automagically, only when you plug-in your dv camera over firewire. i was surfing the net trying to find a way to have raw1394 file keep permissions, but unsuccesfully so far.

hope this helps

Return to “Software & Applications”