Mono 2.2, and Monodevelop 1.0

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Mono 2.2, and Monodevelop 1.0

Postby martinlinux on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:22 pm

I download the source of both, tried to compile and install unsuccessfully. The dependencies where for Mono, Bison(which i installed, and Glib) and for Monodevelop(I can´t remeber). The case is that the dependecies of the dependencies went my crazy so i decided to use apt and install Monodevelop from the repositories. Again other problem denies my Monodevelop, the M5 summaries where incorrect or something like that. Any suggestions.

I'm interested in programming in C#, so i would loke to hear any experiences.

Thanks. Martin
martinlinux
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mono 2.2, and Monodevelop 1.0

Postby Husse on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:50 am

the M5 summaries where incorrect or something like that

If you intend to start programming you should know that a statement like that is no good
If you want help tell us exactly what happened - or that you don't have a clue .....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Mono 2.2, and Monodevelop 1.0

Postby martinlinux on Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:19 am

Hello again

First, Felicia has Mono already installed, or not? In synaptic some packages of mono are installed, and Gnome DO makes uses of Mono, correct me if i'm wrong. Can i install Mono 2.2 and replace the version already installed?

Second, i could not compile Mono 2.2 and Monodevelop 1.0, too many dependencies. So i started to install the dependecies with apt.

Many packages has MD5 Checksum error, which is an error in the integrity of the data(learned minutes ago). Is the solution to this search for the correct name of the packages, virtual box gave me the same problem in fact i could not apt-update because of that.

Third is Geany a good IDE for C#, to start al least.

Thanks, a lot. Martín.
martinlinux
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications