Can reach key of openFTD

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DeaQz
Level 1
Level 1

Can reach key of openFTD

Post by DeaQz »

I have a hard time installing openFTD. I cant install it via package manager or watsoever, and when i edit the sources list it keep asking for the gpg.key... but i cant get link to the key. I cant see an option for it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Can reach key of openFTD

Post by Husse »

Most of the hits I find in google for openFTD are in dutch - I can read it and understand but very slowly, so...
If you use synaptic you get a dialog where it complains about Not authenticated but you can install anyway
And besides the pgp key should be on the page where you find the link to the repository
garda

Post by garda »

Maybe this page could give you some clue:
http://www.ubuntublog.nl/2009/01/openftd/
DeaQz
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DeaQz »

Thank for the reply's.

The Ubuntublog tells me: "Er opent zich een nieuw venster waarbij we klikken op, het tweede tabblad, ‘Software van Derden’. " It say's "It will open a new window where we choose the second tab, "Third party software"

I don't have this tab. So i tried the Terminal, and package manager could't find the key. I editted the source, could't find the key. The problem is the key. Can i place this somewhere where other keys (if there are any) for package manager are?
garda

Post by garda »

DeaQz,

There is a link on the page to download the required GPG key. Click on it and the download confirmation dialog box should appear, save the key anywhere you would like--for example, I saved it into my home directory. After the download completes, open up terminal and enter this command:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-key add gpg.key
Refresh Apt's package information -- CTRL+R in Synaptic or do it CLI-style:

sudo apt-get update
That's it. I do not see any error messages regarding missing GPG key after refreshing the package information.

Or you can also execute this command to perform all the steps in one stroke (assuming you have added the correct repository to your sources.list):

wget http://www.ftd4linux.nl/releases/ubuntu/gpg.key; sudo apt-key add gpg.key; sudo apt-get update
It will download the key, add it to Apt's trusted key list, and perform package information update.

Return to “Software & Applications”