Thunderbird font size

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Betwixt
Level 2
Level 2

Thunderbird font size

Post by Betwixt »

I am using Mint 6 and have just set up Thunderbird by copying over my profile from the previous pc. All appears to work well except for one feature: The font size of the framework and mail folders is too large and thick. The email content is OK. I have the same settings which were very satisfactory previously. Strangely, my Firefox is perfect and in Edit>Preferences it has identical settings of font type and size to Thunderbird's but reducing the two settings in Thunderbird's Preferences has no apparent effect.

Anyone have an answer to this, please?

Terry

Solved
After much investigating I found the setting in Edit>Preferences>Advanced>Config Editor>layout.css.dpi to be set to 72 whereas in Firefox it was -1. Setting it to -1 produced the same neat font size I wanted.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
revdjenk

Re: Thunderbird font size

Post by revdjenk »

Terry...
congrats on your finding a solution...and posting it!

If you would (because as the one who started this thread only you can do it) please edit your thread subject and add "solved" .

This will help others looking for a solution...and for those of us seeking to help.

God Bless
Doug

Return to “Software & Applications”