Evolution-exchange crashes

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kwatson512

Evolution-exchange crashes

Post by kwatson512 »

Hi. I am a very happy Mint-6 user, but I have to use Evolution to sync with my corporate Exchange service. My problem is that Evolution crashes whenever I switch from e-mail to calendar (it just closes instead of displaying calendar information). When I reopen it, it seems to work well (well, 2 out of 3 tries). Any suggestions?

Evolution 2.24.3, Linux Mint 6, running on Lenovo x61s laptop, dual Intel L7700 1.80 GHz processor, 4 GB RAM
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kwatson512

Re: Evolution-exchange crashes

Post by kwatson512 »

I used Synaptic to reinstall evolution, evolution-exchange, and evolution-webcal. All is stable now. :)
kwatson512

Re: Evolution-exchange crashes

Post by kwatson512 »

This is a long-standing problem now. I know Mint doesn't ship with Evolution, but I need to connect to a corporate Exchange server and use calendar, tasks, and contacts, and Thunderbird just doesn't have the juice to do all that. Problem is that the Evolution Calendar quits working shortly after switching to calendar from e-mail. I have had to resort to running Microsoft Outlook under VirtualBox as my primary e-mail client. I'd prefer to run native linux applications.

Just for grins, I tried Ubuntu 9.10 with Evolution and the Exchange plugin, and it worked great. I also tried the Evolution/Exchange combo in Fedora 12, and it also worked flawlessly. But I prefer Mint for everything else (Mint tools, software update, multimedia, elegance...)!

Linux Mint 8, on a Lenovo Thinkpad X61s, Intel Core2 Duo L7700@1.80GHz, 3 MB RAM

Return to “Software & Applications”