Startup-manager problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Startup-manager problem

Postby Borsook on Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:13 am

I've just did a install of Mint 6 and installed all the recommended updates. But it appears that one of them breaks Startup- manager. Since I've installed 200+ of them it is hard to say which one was it... but maybe anyone knows?
Borsook
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Startup-manager problem

Postby garda on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Try to look at startup manager's dependency list in Synaptic. That might give you some clue. This one-liner gives you a list of packages that startup manager depends on:
Code: Select all
apt-cache show startupmanager | grep -i depends
garda
Level 5
Level 5

Postby curt_grymala on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:54 pm

What exactly do you mean when you say that startup-manager is broken?

I've found, in my installation at least, that startup manager never loads when I select it from Menu -> Administration -> StartUp-Manager. However, it works just fine when I go to Menu -> Control Center and then select StartUp Manager.
curt_grymala
Level 3
Level 3

Postby Borsook on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:15 am

curt_grymala wrote:What exactly do you mean when you say that startup-manager is broken?

I've found, in my installation at least, that startup manager never loads when I select it from Menu -> Administration -> StartUp-Manager. However, it works just fine when I go to Menu -> Control Center and then select StartUp Manager.

I mean that I've installed it before updating and it worked fine, but after the updates it displays sort of a empty window, with only a disfunctional selection of operating systems, other options are gone.
Borsook
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Software & Applications