compiz-fusion - gnome session Dbus scripts

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

compiz-fusion - gnome session Dbus scripts

Postby mcurran on Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:23 pm

I'm trying to enable a couple of compiz-fusion effects to occur by default on the gnome session startup. I've already collected the appropriate dbus scripts from users on the compiz-fusion forums, but I don't really know what to do with them. I was wondering if any Mint users with Dbus experience have any suggestions for me. Right now, I'm trying to add them to the Sessions Preferences as a new startup program/command, but it's not working. I'm familiar with startup scripts like init.d with symlinks in the appropriate runlevels, but session scripts are different I've learned and I don't know what to do with these:

Dbus script to enable compiz-fusion snow effect toggle_key by default (on gnome session startup)
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.compiz /org/freedesktop/compiz/snow/allscreens/toggle_key org.freedesktop.compiz.activate string:'root' int32:`xwininfo -root | grep id: | awk '{ print $4 }'`

Dbus script to enable compiz-fusion slow_animations_key by default (on gnome session startup)
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.compiz /org/freedesktop/compiz/core/allscreens/slow_animations_key org.freedesktop.compiz.activate string:'root' int32:`xwininfo -root | grep id: | awk '{ print $4 }'`

So right now: I'm entering those two scripts exactly as they appear here, in the command field under the Sessions Preferences > Startup Programs tab as a new startup program... No go... Anyone got any ideas?
IBM IntelliStation Z Pro [6227-ACU]
Intel Xeon (3.4GHz) | Irwindale (x2)
nVIDIA GTX 460 (1024MB-DDR5)
6GB RAM (800MHz)
MULTI-BOOT: Metro/Mountain Lion/LMDE
    mcurran
    Level 3
    Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: compiz-fusion - gnome session Dbus scripts

Postby Husse on Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:18 am

I'm not sure I read you right but should you not put the script in a text file (made executable) and start that?
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
    Husse
    Level 21
    Level 21

Return to Software & Applications