XPS1730 and gaming panel

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amirage

XPS1730 and gaming panel

Post by amirage »

Hi all

Hv installed Linux Mint on my system - DELL XPS1730 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 190gb raid0 hdd, 8700gt sli gfx card...Most of the hardwares are working out of the box except for the logitect gaming panel lcd and the led. I'm not able to change the led lights as I could in Windows..nor am I able to get details on the gaming panel lcd. Previously, when I was running ubuntu on my system I did some stunts with g15-daemon but that just messed the synaptic manager sometimes however I could never get the panel working...

Anyone with any suggestions...Further, when I boot into mint, the boot screen appears to be of a smaller resolution 800x600 or lower. Any idea why?

Your views are appreciated...

Amit
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: XPS1730 and gaming panel

Post by Husse »

the logitect gaming panel lcd and the led.
What is it?
It's a known bug that for some systems that the usplash does not cover the entire screen. It will be resolved in the next version of Mint - Gloria
There is a description somewhere in the forum for how you fix that but I can't find it - perhaps it has lost it's stickyness :roll:

Return to “Software & Applications”