Can't Make An Application Launcher...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Can't Make An Application Launcher...

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

I installed Clam Antivirus and its graphical frontend, ClamTK. I went ahead to add a new launcher by the "edit menu". I found the icon, but I can't find the right executable file anywhere in my filesystem. I tried searching for it but I just get lost trying to find where the right command is at. Do I need to find the path or do I just type in a command to launch the application?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: Can't Make An Application Launcher...

Post by garda »

Execute either of these simple commands in the Terminal:

Code: Select all

whereis clam
Or

Code: Select all

whereis clamtk
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

I found it under "clamav", but I still don't know how to find the executable file to launch it yet. Thanks for your help though!
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

I assume you're looking in the mintmenu? If so Clamtk should appear under "Administration" (or "System tools" if you have that category visible) by the name "Virus Scanner". Use the search box to see if it pops up. If it doesn' t pop up have you tried reloading the plugins for the menu? If none of that works and it really isn't in the menu then the Clam tk command is.... "clamtk" (the standard launcher uses "clamtk %F").
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

I think that I can live without a launcher and just run it in the terminal.

Return to “Software & Applications”